4th of July

This year for 4th of July (Which began for us on the 3rd of July) we thought we would be ahead of our game and get out to Silverado Country Club early and get a good spot to watch the fireworks. I thought it would be a good idea to drive up Atlas Peak Road so we would be slightly above the country club. Really thought this would make for some great photos with Alta Heights and the valley in the background and fireworks overhead. When we pulled up to what seemed like a good spot (Kaya, Mama, and Grammy in tow) we had a solid hour or so before it got dark enough for the show to begin. Finally the sun faded away and we were ready. I was setup on a tripod with what I thought was going to make the perfect photo. Fireworks begin and.........They are going off around the corner from us! Doh! I was not completely unhappy with the outcome but we had a good time and we now know where not to go next year!

Haze Rolling In

Haze Rolling In

Dusk

Dusk

Silverado Fireworks

Silverado Fireworks

Silverado Fireworks

This year was the first year for Kaya taking dance lessons. She has been wanting to take them for some time. So Erin signed her up and the excitement from Kaya for the first day was overwhelming. When that day came it was a disaster! Kaya had a big case of separation anxiety going as the parents were locked out of the actual dance room and relegated to watching from a hallway TV screen. I understand the reasoning for this but it did not help with the separation anxiety. Kaya just could not get over it and we ended up leaving without her ever dancing. The following weekend I decided to stay home in hopes that would help. It did. After a small episode she finally went in and loved it! Unfortunately there were only four classes but she is ready to sign up for more!

Last Day of Dance

Last Day of Dance

Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer

Here are a couple of random photos. While I was watering our garden the other day I noticed in the alyssum that there were some insects moving about. Upon closer inspection there were quite a few baby praying mantis. So I coaxed one into a photo shoot.
The next photo is just a edit of a photo I took a few years back. I just was not happy with the first edit so I went back and gave it another go.

Rawr

Rawr

Not Content

Not Content

Comments

Popular Posts