Goat Rock, Sonoma Coast

Sunday we planned on trekking out to the headlands trail by Fort Cronkite. That was not meant to be. As soon as we made it to Infineon Raceway we realized there was a pretty large race happening. There was a ton of traffic. Unfortunatley there was no where else to go at that point we had to press on.



There were a ton of people at Infineon. That equaled tons of traffic.

Once we cleared that jam up on the 121 and made it to the 37 everything was fine. Hop on the 101 start heading south towards Marin and then bam. More traffic. We did not feel like sitting in traffic all day so I suggested turning around and heading towards the Sonoma Coast. Erin agreed and we were off.
We ended up at Goat Rock which is a beach we used to go to when I was a kid. Great area to try out Grifter's new back pack. Erin loaded his bags with over 6lbs of goodies. Water, Gatorade, and treats for Grif.



Grifter sporting his bags like a champ.



Grifter and I getting ready to tear up the beach.



I was amazed at how fast Grifter still runs even loaded down.



Grifter and I, a moment of clarity.



Erin being dog handled by Grifter.



"OK you take your Dog."



Could not have asked for a more perfect day day. Just the way I like it.



I love the widescreen option on my camera. Makes for some really great photos.



Ready for a nap.

Grifter did great with his back pack. He really did not seem to care that he was loaded down. Looking forward to his next hike. Next time I think we will go longer and add a little more weight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
6-POUNDS! DAMN THAT IS WEAK!! YOU TOLDME YOU WERE GOING TO LOAD HIM UP WITH ABOUT 50-POUNDS! THAT DOG IS PART HORSE SO THERE IS NO REASON WHY HE CANT TAKE THAT LOAD!!

RICH
David Prosser said…
Actually on the second go around I threw a saddle on him and rode him. So he can actually handle 210lbs!

Popular Posts